Thursday, February 9, 2017

MY TEN KOBO:WANTED: A NEW TAILOR

The man sitting beside me is a tailor. The kind of mobile tailors those of us who were born and bred in Lagos used to call Obioma,he also sells recharge cards,


When I first met him, he was selling sweets and eruku Oshodi somewhere around Ikeja. Back then, he and that other fellow who now sells beer and malt drinks around iganmu, used to send me boxes of candy when I was a vendor at Onipetesi. An act that was a major contribution to my current physical state.
Anyway, this fellow, who like I said, is now a tailor, promised me one of his
patented designs months ago , free of charge.
After months of waiting and no cloth in sight, I reported the matter to my wife, who then ja mi si.

GKB, she said, "Emeka Oparah will not bring anything anytime soon. You know that with normal size people he is barely breaking even, and with your plus size and height, it would cost him twice just to do one for you, and besides, he knows you won't pay"
I don't know what an Ibadan princess, a granddaughter of an Olubadan of Owu descent, has in common with a Wilberforce from Mbiase, but somebody should tell that Obioma to bring my cloth o!

After all, when he and Kufre Ekanem were pumping me with sweets and beverages, were they not aware there will be consequences?

Whether Ighotago or Igbotako, I don't care, if I don't get my Etiebet, or is it Ethabeth any time soon, what happened in 1975 will repeat itself.

A word is enough, mo fe lo to.

MyTenKobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW HOME, CAR OWNERS EMERGE AS COWLSO ENDS THREE DAY WOMEN'S CONFERENCE.

As the 23rd edition of the National Women's Conference organized by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO), ends today...