Tuesday, November 22, 2016

MY TEN KOBO: JOKOTOLA AYO AJAYI@ INFINITY

Today I celebrate my sister, my friend, and one of my earliest crushes,
Jokotola Ayo-Ajayi, nee Ipaye, on her birthday.


Jokotola Aya Ayo Ajayi, ni Baltimore, Maryland.
Mama Boladale, Mama Ayobami,
Mama Omorinsola, Mama Oluwapelumi,
Omo Ipaiye, the Ageless beauty from Agbegilere.
The Angel who became an Angel of Mercy.
I vaguely recollect those early days at Ansar Ud Deen, Okepopo,
When thirty 6 year olds were allocated to one class, ready to begin their education odyssey in the very heart of Lagos Island.
I remember Saheed Shitta from Amuto, Sherifat Etti from Anikantamo, Ibrahim Ashogbon from Odunfa, and GKB from Koilo.
Of course the beautiful, ever graceful, ever smiling Jokotola Ipaiye from Agbegilere.
I have always wondered how someone so beautiful, so delicate and so delectable, a bonafide Eko Princess, would hang out with roughnecks like Saheed, Ibrahim and me.
But for six years, from Monday morning to Friday afternoon, from Okepopo to Race Course, even to our Skills Acquisition Center at Abete, where we learnt Carpentry, weaving, and sewing, the five of us rocked the streets of Eko Akete.
Even today, years and kids later, you remain ageless, untouched by the ravages of time, still beautiful, still graceful, and still ever smiling, a grace Eledua gives to only a select few.
Happy birthday , Joko my friend, may your days be long, and may this mark the beginning of greater things for you, Ayo and the kids.
Many happy returns.
Igba odun odun kan.
My Ten Kobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW HOME, CAR OWNERS EMERGE AS COWLSO ENDS THREE DAY WOMEN'S CONFERENCE.

As the 23rd edition of the National Women's Conference organized by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO), ends today...