Thursday, April 2, 2015

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH - JEGA

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega, said he would not serve another term, in the same capacity, even if his tenure was renewed.

Jega who spoke in Abuja last night, said another person should be given the opportunity to serve after his (Jega) tenure ends in June.
“I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability.
Whatever assignment one will do for five years just like this difficult one, to me if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity, because for me I am not interested and if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God’s grace,” Jega said.
Jega, who anchored the March 28 presidential election, admitted that the INEC task was a difficult one, adding that he was not interested in tenure renewal and would not accept an offer of extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW HOME, CAR OWNERS EMERGE AS COWLSO ENDS THREE DAY WOMEN'S CONFERENCE.

As the 23rd edition of the National Women's Conference organized by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO), ends today...