Friday, December 23, 2016

DAGOGO@ 52

Today, I celebrate my manager, my brother and my homie, Biodun Olakanmi Kupoluyi on his birthday.
Adio Ogun, Omo Ujesha,
Omo onigba Ojule,
Omo eleni aateka, omo eleni ewele.

Adio omo Akande Kupoluyi ni Ilesha,
Omo mama wa Monilola of Ekotedo, Ibadan,
Oko Moradeke omo ijesha, aaya Ijesha,
Owo baba Akinola ni America, baba Naomi ni Dublin,
Ekun baba Lomini, baba Darasimi.
The doyen of modern entertainment reporting in Nigeria.
It is uncanny, but to write about Dagogo's career projection is to write about my own,
Especially since we always seem to have front row seats at each other's defining moments:
Career changes, the Punch Odyssey, the Oshodi years, having kids, the highs, the lows......
Throughout it all, Dagogo has been steadfast, upright, his loyalty unaffected by fame or fortune.
He remains humble, approachable, with a sense of humor that belies a strong unbreakable resolve and iron clad determination to succeed.
Happy birthday to my Manager, my Ibadan brother, my Oshodi homeboy, the man who single handedly made me a movie star.
Chronicler of stars, builder of careers, supporter of talents, celebrity writer, the man who lives and breathes Entertainment 24-7, the maverick.
Igba Odun Odun kan, Abiodun Adio,.
My Ten Kobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW HOME, CAR OWNERS EMERGE AS COWLSO ENDS THREE DAY WOMEN'S CONFERENCE.

As the 23rd edition of the National Women's Conference organized by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO), ends today...